What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo? / How to dress for gorilla trekking in Africa
Understanding how strenuous is gorilla trekking in Uganda? −provides travelers with a good insight on; What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo?/ how to dress for gorilla trekking in Uganda? There is little or no opportunity for fashion while on a gorilla trek in Bwindi or Mgahinga National Park. Therefore as you envisioning your Uganda gorilla tour you also need to consider the gorilla trekking dress code. Below are what to wear when tracking gorillas during your Congo, Rwanda or Uganda safaris.
WHAT TO WEAR FOR GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA, RWANDA, CONGO
- Long-sleeved shirts/t-shirts: The shirt should have a synthetic material since cotton ones get muggy. It protects you from insect bites and stinging nettles during the gorilla trek.
- Long trousers: Jeans are mostly recommended for most of the hikes and treks since they show less or no dirt and offer safety and protection from giant stinging nettles and weeds that may clasp at your ankles and legs during Jungle hours.
- Light waterproof jacket/poncho: A rain jacket or a rain poncho will protect you from the rain during gorilla trekking in the forests of Bwindi and Mgahinga. These forests can receive rain at any time. Therefore, whether it’s a dry season or not a rain jacket should come handy.
- Waterproof Hiking boots/shoes and long shocks: Waterproof boots or shoes and long shocks are the best footwear for gorilla trekking in Uganda and will make your hiking adventure enjoyable. Some of the areas in the parks can have leeches during the wet season. Regardless, while hiking in the forest, it’s a good idea to wear good waterproof hiking shoes and tall−comfy socks to avoid plants and critters from making their way up to your legs.
- Strong gardening gloves: You strongly advised to wear sturdy gardening gloves while tracking mountain gorillas in Uganda. The gloves will protect you while supporting your selves on tree branches or vines. They give you protection against stinging nettles. When you meet the gorillas, you can put off them to take good photos.
- Headband & Hat: Anyone who ever done a fair bit of hiking knows that you should have some sort of headband or bandana to wick sweat, provide head warmth and use for a variety of other things. A hat will help to block the sun or rain from your face and neck.
- A fleece or a light warm sweater: This can be worn in the early mornings and cool nights. It gets so cold at night. The temperature is at 11°C/52°F and sometimes it’s lower than this in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park it’s at 10°C/50°F. This is why some Uganda luxury safari lodges here have fireplaces in cottages or rooms while other lodges offer guests hot water bottles for comfort throughout the cold night.
- Sunglasses: These will protect you from the direct sunshine.
- Avoid wearing bright colours: Bright colours should be avoided while carrying out safari activities in the jungle, but these can be used while enjoying dinner back at the lodge. It is strongly advised that during you gorilla treks in Uganda, you wear neutral colours such as green, Khaki, and light brown. It is not good to wear blue and black shirts while in the jungle since they attract tsetse flies and other insects
if you are to trek gorillas in Uganda in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Rwanda in Volcanoes National Park or the Democratic Republic of Congo in Virunga National Park and Kahuzi-Biega National Park
More posts for you
A Comprehensive Guide to Visiting & Trekking Gorillas in Virunga National Park & Kahuzi-Biega National Park 2023/24This is the ultimate guide to Visiting & Trekking Gorillas in Congo 2023/24. Mountain Gorilla trekking in Congo is done in Virunga National Park and Congo Lowland Gorillas are tracked in Kahuzi Biega National...View package
Tourism Attractions In Uganda, Uganda Tourist Attractions, Things To See In UgandaAre you looking for Uganda tourist attractions? There are numerous tourism attractions in Uganda which are worth visiting while on your Uganda safari. The amazing tourist attractions in Uganda like the Big Five Game,...View package
Places To Visit In Uganda (Uganda Destinations) | Uganda Beautiful Places To Visit (Tourism Destinations In Uganda)Are you interested in places to visit in Uganda (Uganda destinations for safari) or wondering what are the various Uganda beautiful places (Uganda points of interest) to visit during your Uganda safaris? Uganda is...View package
Latest Rwanda COVID-19 Travel Guidelines & RequirementsLatest Rwanda COVID-19 Travel Guidelines & Requirements – March 2022 To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the government of Rwanda has released new Covid-19 travel guidelines and requirements for visitors arriving and departing the...View package
Gorilla Habituation Experience In Bwindi Impenetrable National Park UgandaGorilla habituation or gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Uganda Safari is a slow and gentle process of training wild gorillas to get used to the sight and presence of non-threatening humans for...View package
A Comprehensive Guide to Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi impenetrable National Park Uganda 2023/24This is a comprehensive guide to Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Uganda & Mgahinga Gorilla National Park 2023/24. It is a must-read gorilla trekking guide for those who intend to trek Mountain...View package
Over 50 excellent reviews on Safaribookings.