Uganda Wildlife Authority Opens Up National Parks
The Uganda Wildlife Authority(UWA) Closed all National Parks in the course of preserving and protecting the wildlife against the spread of the deadly pandemic that was moving at a sky scraping speed, this closer was expected to take 32 days.
But Since then, it has always been extended till when a statement of Uganda Wildlife Authority Opens Up National Parks was issued on 3rd September.
The re-opening of protected areas took place after consultations with various stakeholders and putting in place standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the containment of the possible spread of coronavirus, All Uganda National Parks are now open and safe for tourism
All tourism activities within all national parks shall be done in a manner that ensures all guidelines set by the Ministry of Health and the directives by the president of Uganda His Excellency Yowie Kaguta Museveni. These including: –
- Obligatory temperature screening using non-contact infra-red thermometers at the key tourism gates of the different parks.
- Obligatory hand washing / sanitizing at the entrances of all UWA premises and protected areas.
- Wearing a face mask all time while inside the protected area
- Maintaining social distance
- All tourists going for primate tracking activities should carry at least two N95 masks or surgical masks or double layered cloth masks with filters.
- Carrying half capacity in order practice social distance shall apply to the use of vehicles and boats in the parks. These include concessionaire delivery vehicles.
- Saloon car vehicles shall not be permitted to carry out game drives activities in the protected areas.
- Visitors going to the parks are encouraged to carry their own hand sanitizer.
All UWA staff members have been trained and provided with wear to protect them and visitors from any possible infections. Sanitizing of victors shall be done by staff on duty on general approved COVID-19 operational guidelines including ones developed and approved by UWA management.
More posts for you
A Comprehensive Guide to Visiting & Trekking Gorillas in Virunga National Park & Kahuzi-Biega National Park 2023/24This is the ultimate guide to Visiting & Trekking Gorillas in Congo 2023/24. Mountain Gorilla trekking in Congo is done in Virunga National Park and Congo Lowland Gorillas are tracked in Kahuzi Biega National...View package
Tourism Attractions in Uganda, Uganda Tourist Attractions, Things to See in UgandaAre you looking for Uganda tourist attractions? There are numerous tourism attractions in Uganda which are worth visiting while on your Uganda safari. The amazing tourist attractions in Uganda like the Big Five Game,...View package
Places To Visit In Uganda (Uganda Destinations) | Uganda Beautiful Places To Visit (Tourism Destinations In Uganda)Are you interested in places to visit in Uganda (Uganda destinations for safari) or wondering what are the various Uganda beautiful places (Uganda points of interest) to visit during your Uganda safaris? Uganda is...View package