Earlier on, the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Transport and Works Bageya Waiswa confirmed that on Monday, October 7 2019, Uganda Airlines will receive and 4 Uganda Airlines CRJ900 Aircrafts at the Entebbe International Airport.
“On Monday 7th Oct 2019, we shall receive Aircraft 3&4 from Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, at Entebbe International Airport. With our fleet growing to 4 CRJ 900 Aircraft the route plan will also expand.” quoted from their official Facebook page today.
Upon return in the skies as a process of restoring its status & pride as a national carrier in August this year, Uganda Airlines on Thursday 26th September 2019, Uganda Airlines completed payment for the purchase of other two Bombardier CRJ900 aircrafts. After the payment, an agreement was signed in Canada and was witnessed by the works and transport ministry permanent secretary, Wasswa Bageya. The revived national carrier is expected to take delivery of its two aircraft whose arrival is expected to aid the expansion of its route list.
With these new additions, Mr Waiswa said the carrier will expand its route network to include Kinshasa in Democratic Republic of Congo, Zanzibar, Asmara, Hergeisa, Lusaka, Harare, Johannesburg, Djibouti and Addis Ababa.
Of recent, Uganda Airlines on September 30 launched direct flights to Bujumbura, the capital city of Burundi. The flight took off in the skies on Monday afternoon to Bujumbura making Burundi one of its new destinations. Uganda Airlines says it will operate three direct flights per week from Entebbe International Airport to Melchior International Airport on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Hon. Katumba Wamala, Minister of State for Works led the delegation accompanied by the Chairman Board Uganda Airlines, senior government officials, Members of the business community among others to Bujumbura where they were given a warm welcome.
Onboard the Uganda Airlines Inaugural flight to Bujumbura was the Ambassador-Designate of Burundi to Uganda; Her Excellency Ambassador Ephiphanie Kabushemeye Ntamwana. Besides Bujumbura, Uganda Airlines will fly to Bujumbura, Mogadishu, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana and other destinations.
Uganda Airlines has been flying into Mogadishu four times a week; Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday and will increase the flights to six times a week once the other aircrafts are delivered.
History of the Uganda Airlines
Before its closure in 2001 with more than a decade of financial difficulties resulted in its liquidation, Uganda Airlines flew to eight destinations and had a fleet of 15 aircraft at that time of its closure in 2001. In the same year, an attempt to resurrect the government-owned airline through a private sector initiative was made. But the operation did not last long as a result of limited capital.
Current flight schedule
Travelling to Uganda has been made easier for tourists interesting in Uganda safaris/Uganda tours as Uganda Airlines will be flying to different destinations like Bujumbura, Mogadishu, Juba, Nairobi, Kilimanjaro etc. You are bound to have easy transportation from your different residential countries. Book your Uganda wildlife safari, Uganda gorilla safari, or any Uganda safari tour with a Uganda safari companies/Uganda tour operator like Prime Safaris & Tours Ltd who will guide you on any how to ease your process.
- Entebbe-Juba – 10x weekly
- Entebbe – Nairobi – 2 daily
- Entebbe-Mogadishu – 4x weekly
- Entebbe-Mombasa – 3x weekly
- Entebbe-Kilimanjaro -3x weekly
When you look at a sample of our trip advisor reviews, a good number of tourists who safari Uganda/ Visit Uganda have a lot of adventure stories to tell about their experiences during their Uganda gorilla safaris/Uganda gorilla tours/ gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda, Uganda chimpanzee trekking safaris/ chimpanzee trekking tours in Uganda, Uganda birding safaris tour/Uganda birding safaris/ bird watching safaris in Uganda/ bird watching tours in Uganda, Uganda cycling safaris/cycling tours in Uganda, Uganda wildlife safaris/Uganda wildlife tours/wildlife safaris Uganda, wildlife tours in Uganda, Uganda day tours like; 1 day Kampala city tours/ 1 day Kampala city excursions/1 day Kampala day trips/1 day Kampala day tours,1 day Jinja city tours/ 1 day Jinja city excursions/1 day Jinja day trips/1 day Jinja day tours, Ngamba Island day trip/Ngamba Island day tour/ 1 day Ngamba island tour/ 1 day Ngamba day tour, Sipi Falls day tour/Sipi Falls city tour, a Lake Mburo day tour/ 1 day Lake Mburo National Park trip and many more.
Popular Uganda Safari Packages
- 3 days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi
- 1 day Jinja tour excursion
- 1 Day Tour Ngamba Island Chimps
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Park Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Wildlife safari in Uganda Queen Elizabeth
- 4 Days Wildlife Safari in Uganda to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Murchison Falls safari Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Budget Wildlife Safari Tour to Murchison Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 5 days Wildlife and Chimpanzee Safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda
- 4 Days Wildlife Chimpanzee Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Safari in Uganda
- 12 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 10 Days Uganda Gorillas Chimps Safari
- 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Gorilla tour
- 6 days Uganda Gorilla Tracking safari
- 13 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda safari tours
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 3 days Uganda Safari to Kidepo National Park