Rwanda on Saturday, June 20 reported its highest number of Cronavirus cases, 41 new Covid-19 cases, bringing the tally of confirmed cases to 702.
The latest total number of new infections has been the highest number of daily cases that Rwanda has recorded since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
According to the Ministry of Health, the new infections are linked to the Rusizi and Rusumo clusters.
“New cases driven by the Rusizi and Rusumo clusters,” the Ministry noted in its Covid-19 daily update.
The two areas have been the leading hotspots of Covid-19 in Rwanda for the past couple of weeks, and most of these patients are cross-border traders and truck-drivers.
The latest results were obtained from 3,116 sample tests. Since mid-March when Rwanda reported her first Covid-19 case, the country has conducted 108,005 sample tests.
So far, 357 people recovered from Covid-19 in Rwanda and two people succumbed to this pandemic.
Though Rwanda’s confirmed cases are increasing daily, on June 18, renowned Robert Koch Institute announced that it is no longer considering Rwanda as a Covid-19 risk area, owing to the country’s recent containment measures against the virus.
Since outbreak of this pandemic in Rwanda, the government has increased her testing capacity, and according to Rwanda Biomedical Centre, Rwanda’s testing capacity has increased 15 fold in the past four months and has been scaled up across the country.
Wild gorilla safari packages
- 3 days Bwindi gorilla trekking safari
- 3 days gorilla safari to Mgahinga National Park
- 5 days Bwindi gorilla tour & Kibale trek
- 6 days Uganda gorilla & chimpanzee trek
- 7 days chimps & gorilla safari in Uganda
- 10 days Uganda gorilla tour
- 1 day Rwanda gorilla tour
- 2 days Rwanda gorilla safari adventure
- 3 days Rwanda gorilla safari to Volcanoes National Park
- 4 days Rwanda gorilla trekking tour
- 4 days Rwanda Adventure safari
- 5 days Rwanda gorilla tour
- 5 days Rwanda gorilla trekking
- 6 days Rwanda gorilla safari
- 7 days Rwanda gorilla safari
- 8 days Rwanda gorilla safari