How Much is Gorilla Trekking in Uganda | How Much Does a Gorilla Safari in Uganda Cost?
The least price for a gorilla tour in Uganda is $700 but the total cost for a Uganda gorilla safari trip depends entirely on the preference of the individual traveler or groups of travelers.
How much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost? or how much does it cost to see gorillas in Uganda? − is very important when planning your gorilla trekking holiday to Uganda.
The gorilla permit price is just a fraction of the overall cost of gorilla trekking in Uganda safari.
|Uganda Gorilla Permit prices 2021 and above prices|
|Tourist price (non-nationals)||$700|
|Foreign residents (expats)||$600|
|East African Community citizens||250,000 UGX|
Accommodation cost for those wondering how much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost?
Gorilla parks in Uganda have different accommodation options inducing Budget, Mid-range and Luxury safari lodges and camps.
- The cost for budget accommodation can range from US$ 50 to US$ 140 per night.
- Midrange accommodation cost range anywhere from US$ 150 to US$250 a night.
- And luxury Uganda safari accommodation cost can be between US$ 300 to US$ 1500 per night.
Transport Cost for Those Wondering How Much Does a Gorilla Safari in Uganda Cost.
The type of transport you’ll use will affect the gorilla safari’s overall cost. The type of vehicle offered for Budget and Mid-range is usually a comfortable safari van / super custom, on the other hand, luxury trips usually come with a Safari Land-cruiser and then other travellers who prefer at most convenience can choose to fly from Entebbe to Bwindi, but this attracts a higher cost, of course.
Other Determinants of the Gorilla Trekking Tour in Uganda Include.
- Cost of gorilla trekking essential items such as;
- Rain jackets/poncho
- Safari clothes-waterproof hiking shoes, long sleeved shirts or T-shirt, trousers, garden gloves and others
- Walking stick
- Porter especially for elders and others
- The cost of a yellow fever vaccination card, visa, and tips for guides, drivers etc
- Finally the cost of gorilla trekking in Uganda will depend on how long you are planning your gorilla safari, for example;
- The price for a 1 day gorilla tour in Uganda range from US$ 950 to US$1200 per person
- A 2 days Uganda gorilla tour price range from US$ 960 to US$1250 if two people are travelling together and
- A 3 days gorilla tour in Uganda cost can cost between US$ 1230 to US$ 1500
Note: Traveling alone is more expensive because you have to pay for transport, accommodation and fuel yourself. Moreover, it is important to note that companies add some markup costs to the overall trip to cater for administrative services−guides, office staff, and office functionality. This is normally 10 -20% of the total cost.
More posts for you
A Comprehensive Guide to Visiting & Trekking Gorillas in Virunga National Park & Kahuzi-Biega National Park 2023/24This is the ultimate guide to Visiting & Trekking Gorillas in Congo 2023/24. Mountain Gorilla trekking in Congo is done in Virunga National Park and Congo Lowland Gorillas are tracked in Kahuzi Biega National...View package
Places To Visit In Uganda (Uganda Destinations) | Uganda Beautiful Places To Visit (Tourism Destinations In Uganda)Are you interested in places to visit in Uganda (Uganda destinations for safari) or wondering what are the various Uganda beautiful places (Uganda points of interest) to visit during your Uganda safaris? Uganda is...View package
Gorilla Habituation Experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park UgandaGorilla habituation or gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Uganda Safari is a slow and gentle process of training wild gorillas to get used to the sight and presence of non-threatening humans for...View package