WHY IS THE AGE LIMIT FOR TREKKING GORILLAS IN UGANDA, RWANDA, CONGO AFRICA 15 YEARS?
The age limit for trekking mountain gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda and Cong Africa is currently 15 years and any visitor below this age is considered a young vulnerable person and therefore not fit to do a gorilla trek in Africa. Below are the reasons why is the age limit for trekking gorillas in Uganda 15 years and above.
Children below 15 years are known to have unpredictable characteristics that may lead to change of the mountain gorilla behaviors. For example, if a giant silverback gorilla tries to come near a visitor in the presence of a child, he/she may decide to scream or run hence disturbing the peace of these gentle primates.
When disturbed, the silverback can react by attacking the trekkers to defend itself and the family. Thus, to minimize such incidents, persons below 15 years of age are discouraged to trek mountain gorillas in Uganda.
Also, trekking mountain gorillas in the impenetrable forest of Bwindi and Mgahinga is very difficult usually involving moving through bushes with stinging nettles, hilly and slippery terrain, and also muddy areas for about 2-8 hours. This requires someone who is physically fit and persons below 15 years are rendered weak.
GORILLA TREKKING FAQs
- What is Gorilla trekking?
- Why should i visit gorillas in Uganda? Benefits of Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa
- Where can I see gorillas in Uganda? Where is gorilla trekking done in Uganda?
- How do I prepare for gorilla trekking Uganda?
- How difficult is gorilla trekking in Uganda? |Is Gorilla trekking hard in Uganda?
- What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- What to pack for gorilla trekking in Uganda? | What should I take gorilla trekking?
- What is the start of gorilla trekking like?
- What are the rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- How long does gorilla trekking take? |How long is a trek to see gorillas?
- What is a gorilla trekking permit?
- How many gorilla permits are available in Uganda?
- How many people are allowed to track a gorilla family or Group?
- Do I need to book a gorilla permit in advance?
- How much is a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- How do I book a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- What is the gorilla permit cancellation policy in Uganda?
- Are there discounted gorilla permits in Uganda?
- How much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost?
- Why is gorilla trekking so expensive in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa?
- What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda? |When can you see gorillas in Uganda?
- Is it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda?
- Is gorilla trekking better in Rwanda or Uganda?
- Where to stay during your gorilla safari in Uganda?