WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO GO FOR GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA?
If you are wondering What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda?/when to go gorilla trekking in Uganda? This is one of the most frequently asked questions. Uganda has two seasons; the wet season and dry season. Travelers intending to visit Uganda for gorilla trekking should note that trekking gorilla is a physically demanding wildlife experience that can take the whole day, moving through uphill and downhill through thick tangles of vines, thorns and roots.
The dry season is the best times of the year to go gorilla trekking in Uganda. Uganda’s dry season starts from June to September and December to February. These months offer the best weather for gorilla trekking in Uganda. During the dry season, the habitat is kept drier and makes it easier for trekkers to hike through thick vegetation and steep terrain to search for mountain gorillas unlike during wet season. Also, your chance of seeing the mountain gorillas is higher, the experience is better, and photography is easier.
However, the best time for gorilla treks in Uganda may vary depending on the traveler’s preference and budget. Gorilla permits are easier to obtain at other times. The wet or rainy season in Uganda is also considered as the low season and starts in March, April, May and October, November. The advantage with trekking mountain gorillas during the wet season is that there is plenty of forage for these great apes to depend on and visitors can take fewer hours since they do not move to further distances to search for food.
Also during the wet season, budget accommodation is available and there are low prices for upmarket lodges. However, slippery trails and occasional mist make gorilla trekking more challenging during the wetter months of the year.
GORILLA TREKKING FAQs
- What is Gorilla trekking?
- Why should i visit gorillas in Uganda? Benefits of Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa
- Where can I see gorillas in Uganda? Where is gorilla trekking done in Uganda?
- How do I prepare for gorilla trekking Uganda?
- How difficult is gorilla trekking in Uganda? |Is Gorilla trekking hard in Uganda?
- What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- What to pack for gorilla trekking in Uganda? | What should I take gorilla trekking?
- What is gorilla trekking like in Uganda Rwanda Congo Africa?
- What are the rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- Why the age limit for trekking gorillas is 15 years?
- How long does gorilla trekking take? |How long is a trek to see gorillas?
- What is a gorilla trekking permit?
- How many gorilla permits are available in Uganda?
- How many people are allowed to track a gorilla family or Group?
- Do I need to book a gorilla permit in advance?
- How much is a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- How do I book a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- What is the gorilla permit cancellation policy in Uganda?
- Are there discounted gorilla permits in Uganda?
- How much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost?
- Why is gorilla trekking so expensive in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa?
- What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda? |When can you see gorillas in Uganda?
- Is it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda?
- Is gorilla trekking better in Rwanda or Uganda?
- Where to stay during your gorilla safari in Uganda?