The good news to all tourists to Uganda is that it is safe to visit gorillas in Uganda and gorilla trekking in Uganda is safe, the Pearl of Africa-Uganda as a country is safe as well. It is important to note that there have been no gorilla trekking security incidents in Uganda nor gorilla attacks to tourists during the past many years as well. Now for those asking Is it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda?, Is gorilla trekking in Uganda safe?, Is it safe to go gorilla trekking in Uganda? Is Gorilla trekking dangerous? Uganda one of the most peaceful destinations with humble and happy people.
Gorilla trekking in Uganda security measures and initiatives under taken by both government and the local communities around gorilla parks of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park are some of the main reasons that Uganda has become the best gorilla trekking safari destination in Africa.
To ensure that gorilla trekking in Uganda safe, a number of guidelines have been put in place which makes it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda
- Everyone who has previously participated in a Uganda gorilla trekking tour has adhered to the security gorilla trekking rules and regulations/guidelines that have been issued by the Uganda Wildlife Authority to ensure that gorilla trekking in Uganda is safe when you are with gorillas as listed below:-
- Maintain a 7m (21ft) distance from the gorillas.
- Please always stay in a group when you are with gorillas
- Speak in a low voice; you are free to ask the guide question.
- Smoking, drinking, and eating are prohibited near gorillas.
- Don’t feed gorillas or any other animal you may meet.
- Sometimes the gorillas charge. Follow the instructions of the guide. Don’t run away, it will increase the risk of gorilla chasing you.
- Don’t touch the gorillas
- Uganda has a joint security force of military, tourism police, and armed ranger that guarantee travelers a safer gorilla tour in Uganda. Each group of trekkers is assigned two armed rangers who keep with clients during the entire gorilla trek and ensure that travelers are safe from any harm. No visitor is therefore allowed to hike into Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Mgahinga National Park with out escort
- Gorillas are very peaceful animals, and a lot of scientific research pertaining their behavior, temper and aggression towards human being is greatly checked and put under control during the long careful habituation process taken to make these Gorillas used to humans before allowing them to be trekked by people to make them understand that the visiting humans are their friends and not enemies. Hence Gorillas can hardly attack person unless if aggressed upon making it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda
- Gorillas majorly eat vegetation and insects, this mean that gorillas can not eat humans or any meat/animals. This therefore means that those undertaking gorilla trekking in Uganda are safe from any attacks from the Mountain Gorillas for purposes of eating them.
GORILLA TREKKING FAQs
- What is Gorilla trekking?
- Why should i visit gorillas in Uganda? Benefits of Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa
- Where can I see gorillas in Uganda? Where is gorilla trekking done in Uganda?
- How do I prepare for gorilla trekking Uganda?
- How difficult is gorilla trekking in Uganda? |Is Gorilla trekking hard in Uganda?
- What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- What to pack for gorilla trekking in Uganda? | What should I take gorilla trekking?
- What is gorilla trekking like in Uganda Rwanda Congo Africa?
- What are the rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- Why the age limit for trekking gorillas is 15 years?
- How long does gorilla trekking take? |How long is a trek to see gorillas?
- What is a gorilla trekking permit?
- How many gorilla permits are available in Uganda?
- How many people are allowed to track a gorilla family or Group?
- Do I need to book a gorilla permit in advance?
- How much is a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- How do I book a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- What is the gorilla permit cancellation policy in Uganda?
- Are there discounted gorilla permits in Uganda?
- How much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost?
- Why is gorilla trekking so expensive in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa?
- What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda? |When can you see gorillas in Uganda?
- Is gorilla trekking better in Rwanda or Uganda?
- Where to stay during your gorilla safari in Uganda?