HOW MUCH IS GORILLA TREKKING IN UGANDA | HOW MUCH DOES A GORILLA SAFARI IN UGANDA COST?
How much is gorilla trekking in Uganda? the question of how much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost? or how much does it cost to see gorillas in Uganda? − is very important when planning your gorilla trekking holiday to Uganda. The gorilla permit price is just a fraction of the overall cost of gorilla trekking in Uganda safari.
The total cost for a Uganda gorilla safari trip depends entirely on the preference of the individual traveler or groups of travelers. When planning your Uganda gorilla tour, there are 3 key things you must consider so as to have a fair picture of how much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost;
- The cost of a gorilla trekking permit in Uganda to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park,
|Uganda Gorilla Permit prices 2021 and above prices|
|Tourist price (non-nationals)||$600|
|Foreign residents (expats)||$500|
|East African Community citizens||250,000 UGX|
- 2. Accommodation cost
Gorilla parks in Uganda have different accommodation options inducing Budget, Mid-range and Luxury safari lodges and camps.
- The cost for budget accommodation can range from US$ 50 to US$ 140 per night.
- Midrange accommodation cost range anywhere from US$ 150 to US$250 a night.
- And luxury Uganda safari accommodation cost can be between US$ 300 to US$ 1500 per night.
- Transport cost
The type of transport you’ll use will affect the gorilla safari’s overall cost. The type of vehicle offered for Budget and Mid-range is usually a comfortable safari van / super custom, on the other hand, luxury trips usually come with a Safari Land-cruiser and then other travellers who prefer at most convenience can choose to fly from Entebbe to Bwindi, but this attracts a higher cost, of course.
Other determinants of the gorilla trekking tour in Uganda include
- Cost of gorilla trekking essential items such as;
- Rain jackets/poncho
- Safari clothes-waterproof hiking shoes, long sleeved shirts or T-shirt, trousers, garden gloves and others
- Walking stick
- Porter especially for elders and others
- The cost of a yellow fever vaccination card, visa, and tips for guides, drivers etc
- Finally the cost of gorilla trekking in Uganda will depend on how long you are planning your gorilla safari, for example;
- The price for a 1 day gorilla tour in Uganda range from US$ 950 to US$1200 per person
- A 2 days Uganda gorilla tour price range from US$ 960 to US$1250 if two people are travelling together and
- A 3 days gorilla tour in Uganda cost can cost between US$ 1230 to US$ 1500
Note: Traveling alone is more expensive because you have to pay for transport, accommodation and fuel yourself. Moreover, it is important to note that companies add some markup costs to the overall trip to cater for administrative services−guides, office staff, and office functionality. This is normally 10 -20% of the total cost.
GORILLA TREKKING FAQs
- What is Gorilla trekking?
- Why should i visit gorillas in Uganda? Benefits of Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa
- Where can I see gorillas in Uganda? Where is gorilla trekking done in Uganda?
- How do I prepare for gorilla trekking Uganda?
- How difficult is gorilla trekking in Uganda? |Is Gorilla trekking hard in Uganda?
- What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- What to pack for gorilla trekking in Uganda? | What should I take gorilla trekking?
- What is gorilla trekking like in Uganda Rwanda Congo Africa?
- What are the rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- Why the age limit for trekking gorillas is 15 years?
- How long does gorilla trekking take? |How long is a trek to see gorillas?
- What is a gorilla trekking permit?
- How many gorilla permits are available in Uganda?
- How many people are allowed to track a gorilla family or Group?
- Do I need to book a gorilla permit in advance?
- How much is a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- How do I book a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- What is the gorilla permit cancellation policy in Uganda?
- Are there discounted gorilla permits in Uganda?
- Why is gorilla trekking so expensive in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa?
- What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda? |When can you see gorillas in Uganda?
- Is it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda?
- Is gorilla trekking better in Rwanda or Uganda?
- Where to stay during your gorilla safari in Uganda?