HOW DIFFICULT IS GORILLA TREKKING?
Gorilla trekking is relatively difficult depending on one’s fitness levels. gorilla trekking in Uganda is also relatively hard as it involves walking through thick forest, valleys, hills, and swamps, Gorilla trekking can be challenging for one physical unfit leading to exhaustion. How hard is gorilla trekking in Uganda?/How difficult is gorilla trekking − is one of the most frequently asked questions by travelers while preparing for their Uganda gorilla tours. Mountain gorillas of Uganda are found in mountainous-forested areas and Uganda gorilla treks in search of these great apes can go up to 8 hours, scrambling through dense vegetation up steep, muddy hillsides, sometimes to altitudes of more than 3500 meters.
There are no permanent routes, no signs, no directions, and more often than not, and no clearings, which is why park rangers carry machetes.
At higher altitudes, you will also have to contend with a thick overgrowth of stinging nettles that can easily penetrate light clothing. As if fiery skin rashes weren’t enough of a deterrent, it also rains a lot in this area and can get very cold.
Also, at this altitude, you will certainly be a little breathless, but someone of good fitness who does a reasonable amount of walking is unlikely to find the walk all that tough. So if you’ve booked a gorilla safari and you haven’t had any hiking experience, you’re advised to do some exercise and achieve some level of physical fitness. Being in shape, physically fit will make your gorilla trek in Uganda more enjoyable.
Most travellers plan their gorilla safaris in Uganda about six months before the safari begins. That is the perfect time to get you physically fit for your gorilla tour. However, your level of fitness should not prevent you from a gorilla trek. A porter can assist you and you can even be carried into the forest on a modern sedan chair or bamboo stretcher by rotating porters. It’s not demeaning work for porters, but it’s very profitable because they make a lot of money by local standards and are grateful for the opportunity.
GORILLA TREKKING FAQs
- What is Gorilla trekking?
- Why should i visit gorillas in Uganda? Benefits of Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa
- Where can I see gorillas in Uganda? Where is gorilla trekking done in Uganda?
- How do I prepare for gorilla trekking Uganda?
- What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- What to pack for gorilla trekking in Uganda? | What should I take gorilla trekking?
- What is the start of gorilla trekking like?
- What are the rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- Why the age limit for trekking gorillas is 15 years?
- How long does gorilla trekking take? |How long is a trek to see gorillas?
- What is a gorilla trekking permit?
- How many gorilla permits are available in Uganda?
- How many people are allowed to track a gorilla family or Group?
- Do I need to book a gorilla permit in advance?
- How much is a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- How do I book a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- What is the gorilla permit cancellation policy in Uganda?
- Are there discounted gorilla permits in Uganda?
- How much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost?
- Why is gorilla trekking so expensive in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa?
- What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda? |When can you see gorillas in Uganda?
- Is it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda?
- Is gorilla trekking better in Rwanda or Uganda?
- Where to stay during your gorilla safari in Uganda?