WHAT IS A GORILLA PERMIT? GORILLA TREKKING PERMITS IN UGANDA, RWANDA & CONGO
A Gorilla trekking permit is a document issued by Uganda Wildlife Authority, Rwanda Development Board, Parc National des to tourists of 15 & above years to legally trek gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda, Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda & Virunga National Park & Kahuzi Biega national Park in Congo.
Uganda gorilla permits are issued by Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) to allows any traveler above 15 years of age to trek mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
A permit offers visitors an opportunity to view mountain gorillas for only one hour but the gorilla trekking itself can take up 1 to 8 hours while looking for gorillas in the forest.
The gorilla trekking permit helps in controlling the number of people visiting these endangered primates. Also, national park obtains the money necessary to protect these endangered by selling gorilla trekking permits.
A gorilla trekking permit was one of the requirements introduced by the Conservation Agencies of Nature for one to have before taking up a gorilla trek, to search and see the habituated gorillas as a means to limit the number of people trekking these gorillas but to also eliminate unauthorized visitors to these gorillas.
In so doing gorillas would be conserved better having been critically endangered and this has yielded results as these mountain gorillas have now increased from 600 to 1063 in number.
Issuing Gorilla permits further stopped/controlled protected under aged kids from risking undertaking gorilla trekking as permits are issued to only those of 15 year of age and above, which would have been rather had to control without the introduction of tracking permits
GORILLA TREKKING FAQs
- What is Gorilla trekking?
- Why should i visit gorillas in Uganda? Benefits of Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa
- Where can I see gorillas in Uganda? Where is gorilla trekking done in Uganda?
- How do I prepare for gorilla trekking Uganda?
- How difficult is gorilla trekking in Uganda? |Is Gorilla trekking hard in Uganda?
- What to wear for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- What to pack for gorilla trekking in Uganda? | What should I take gorilla trekking?
- What is gorilla trekking like in Uganda Rwanda Congo Africa?
- What are the rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
- Why the age limit for trekking gorillas is 15 years?
- How long does gorilla trekking take? |How long is a trek to see gorillas?
- How many gorilla permits are available in Uganda?
- How many people are allowed to track a gorilla family or Group?
- Do I need to book a gorilla permit in advance?
- How much is a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- How do I book a gorilla permit in Uganda?
- What is the gorilla permit cancellation policy in Uganda?
- Are there discounted gorilla permits in Uganda?
- How much does a gorilla safari in Uganda cost?
- Why is gorilla trekking so expensive in Uganda, Rwanda, Congo Africa?
- What is the best time to go for gorilla trekking in Uganda? |When can you see gorillas in Uganda?
- Is it safe to visit gorillas in Uganda?
- Is gorilla trekking better in Rwanda or Uganda?
- Where to stay during your gorilla safari in Uganda?