WHERE CAN YOU SEE GORILLAS IN AFRICA? GORILLAS DESTINATIONS.
As they plan their Africa tours and safaris, travellers always wonder: Where can you see mountain gorillas? Where are gorillas found? Where do you find gorillas? Where is mountain gorillas found?
- Mountain gorillas: Mountain gorillas are a subspecies of the eastern gorilla. There are two populations of mountain gorillas. One is found in the Virunga volcanic mountains of Central Africa, within Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in southwestern Uganda, Volcanoes National Park in northwestern Rwanda and Virunga National Park in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The other population, (almost half of the world’s mountain gorilla population) is found in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the southwest of the country.
- Eastern lowland gorillas: Eastern lowland gorilla is a subspecies of eastern gorilla that is only found in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). They are found in Kahuzi-Biega National Park, a protected area near Bukavu town in the eastern region of the county and in Maiko National Park also in the remote eastern region of Congo. They’re believed to number around 5,000. Kahuzi-Biega National Park is the best place to see them.
- Western Lowland Gorillas: The western lowland gorilla is a subspecies of western gorilla that lives in montane, primary and secondary forest and lowland swampland in central Africa in Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo (Congo Brazzaville), Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.
Republic of the Congo/Congo Brazzaville is among the best places to see western lowland gorillas. There are two habituated gorilla groups in Congo Brazzaville’s Odzala-Kokoua National Park in the northwest of the country.
- Cross River Gorillas: This gorilla subspecies of western gorilla is populated at the border between Nigeria and Cameroon, in both tropical and subtropical moist broadleaf forests.
if you are to trek gorillas in Uganda in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Rwanda in Volcanoes National Park or the Democratic Republic of Congo in Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park
GORILLA FACTS FAQs
- what is a gorilla?
- Where do gorillas get their name from?
- How many species of gorillas are there?
- What is the size of the Mountain gorilla?
- What’s the biggest type of gorilla?
- What makes mountain gorillas unique? |What is special about mountain gorillas?
- How do mountain gorillas look like/What special features do mountain gorillas have?
- What is special about a mountain gorilla’s nose? /Do gorillas have unique nose prints?
- What is the daily life of a gorilla like?
- How do mountain gorillas move?
- Can a mountain gorilla climb? /Can gorillas climb trees?
- Do gorillas live alone? /Do mountain gorillas live in families?
- Do gorillas live in nests? /Do gorillas build nests?
- What do mountain gorillas eat? /Will a gorilla eat a human?
- How much does a gorilla eat per day?
- Why does gorilla have canines?
- How do Gorillas communicate?
- How smart is a mountain gorilla? How intelligent are gorillas?
- Why do gorillas beat their chest?
- Do female gorillas beat their chests?
- Why can’t you look at gorilla’s eyes?
- Can a gorilla be a pet?
- What is a baby gorilla called?
- How many babies do female gorillas have?
- How long do baby gorillas stay with their mothers?
- What is the average life span of a mountain gorilla? /How long does a gorilla live?
- Are mountain gorillas friendly? /Are gorillas gentle?
- Can mountain gorillas be aggressive? /Are gorillas aggressive?
- How strong is a mountain gorilla? /How strong is a silverback gorilla?
- What is a gorilla afraid of? /What do gorillas fear?
- Who are gorilla enemies? /Do gorillas have predators?
- Are there mountain gorillas in zoos?
- How many mountain gorillas are left in the world?
- Why are mountain gorillas endangered?
- How can we help save mountain gorillas?