ARE GORILLAS GENTLE? ARE MOUNTAIN GORILLAS FRIENDLY?
What do you do when you encounter a gorilla? For decades, the answer might have been to scream and run. Gorillas were wild beasts that could tear cities apart or so many thought based on the movie King Kong. However, from the 1960s onwards the primatologist Dian Fossey transformed gorillas’ reputation with her pioneering studies of wild eastern gorillas. And today, if your asking “Are gorillas gentle?” then once you encounter the gorillas during your Uganda tours, you should stand quietly and observe the creatures.
Fossey found that these great primates were hardly ever violent. For the most part, they were, gentle, peaceful, affectionate, and shy. They are calm vegetarians that spend most of their time interacting, feeding, and playing. Male gorillas whether silverback or subordinates, can cuddle infants, play with them, welcome them into their nests, and just plain hang out with them.
They are very peaceful creatures and this is why safari trekking expeditions for mountain gorillas are possible. Hiking through a dense jungle full of foliage that obstructs vision could make searching for more aggressive creatures risky, but searching for gorillas is often a safe and uncompromising exercise.
if you are to trek gorillas in Uganda in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Rwanda in Volcanoes National Park or the Democratic Republic of Congo in Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park
GORILLA FACTS FAQs
- what is a gorilla?
- Where do gorillas get their name from?
- How many species of gorillas are there?
- Where can you see gorillas in Africa?
- What is the size of the Mountain gorilla?
- What’s the biggest type of gorilla?
- What makes mountain gorillas unique? |What is special about mountain gorillas?
- How do mountain gorillas look like/What special features do mountain gorillas have?
- What is special about a mountain gorilla’s nose? /Do gorillas have unique nose prints?
- What is the daily life of a gorilla like?
- How do mountain gorillas move?
- Can a mountain gorilla climb? /Can gorillas climb trees?
- Do gorillas live alone? /Do mountain gorillas live in families?
- Do gorillas live in nests? /Do gorillas build nests?
- What do mountain gorillas eat? /Will a gorilla eat a human?
- How much does a gorilla eat per day?
- Why does gorilla have canines?
- How do Gorillas communicate?
- How smart is a mountain gorilla? How intelligent are gorillas?
- Why do gorillas beat their chest?
- Do female gorillas beat their chests?
- Why can’t you look at gorilla’s eyes?
- Can a gorilla be a pet?
- What is a baby gorilla called?
- How many babies do female gorillas have?
- How long do baby gorillas stay with their mothers?
- What is the average life span of a mountain gorilla? /How long does a gorilla live?
- Can mountain gorillas be aggressive? /Are gorillas aggressive?
- How strong is a mountain gorilla? /How strong is a silverback gorilla?
- What is a gorilla afraid of? /What do gorillas fear?
- Who are gorilla enemies? /Do gorillas have predators?
- Are there mountain gorillas in zoos?
- How many mountain gorillas are left in the world?
- Why are mountain gorillas endangered?
- How can we help save mountain gorillas?